After several years of delay, we are finally hosting a CISV Youth Meeting in the Old Town area and we need YOUR help! The camp theme is: Piecing Together Peace. It will run from July 1-July 15 and will have 3 delegations, 18 people total, including 3 staff.
All hands on deck to make this a successful camp! Here are our volunteer needs, thanks for helping!!:
- Camp Store Coordinator–ALREADY FILLED–Jess
- Excursion Coordinator–the Youth Meeting is scheduled to go on a field trip on July 13. We need someone to plan that field trip including transportation, meal planning, and visit logistics. (a request has been made for the destination to be Mount Desert Island).
- Meal Coordinator–We are providing a hybrid of catered and buffet-style meals. The meal plan will require 1-2 volunteers each day to assist with pick up, delivery, and some simple off site prep of each of the meals. The coordinator will be responsible for recruiting and organizing the volunteers for the meals.
- Setup/Take Down–We are asking all Chapter members to assist with the set up (June 29,30) and take down (July 15) of the Youth Meeting site. We will need people with pick up trucks that can assist with moving mattresses and furniture in addition to volunteers that will help carry, set up, and clean the site during preparation and disassembly. Here is the link for sign up for setup/take down (in addition to helping transport mattresses etc on June 29th, we also need several people setting up on the 29th): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0B4EADAA2CA3F58-cisv
- Back Up Staff–We need 2-3 people who are willing to serve as back-up staff in case of emergency. If a staff member were to fall ill or become unavailable, we would utilize back up staff. Additionally, if a child needs to be transported to a hospital or medical facility, we would ask the back-up staff to join the leader and child so as to ensure there are always 2 adults present. These volunteers will be required to:
- pass a background check
- take an online safe child course
- provide proof of auto insurance
- We have another sign up for donations and supplies, which we will be updating, as needed. Please check it out and pass on to anyone else who may be able to help! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A4AF2EAAFCC52-donations
- Other volunteers, to help with Laundry, writing Thank yous, and writing articles for local newspaper after the program are also needed.
If you are interested in one of the coordinator positions, or assisting in any way, please let Amanda and Kevin know at email@example.com or 207-659-6486. Please use the sign up genius link to sign up for set up and take down and the other sign up genius link for donations.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
Amanda & Kevin