Starting with Children
CISV travel programs are for youth of all ages. Our original and unique Village program for 11 year-olds is a great introduction to the fun, friendship and educational experience that CISV offers.
For All Ages
Closer to home we have our local community-based Mosaic program and an active youth-led Junior Branch organization that conducts meetings, activities, and service projects year round. The Junior Branch organizes activities for kids ages 11-18 that explore the four values of CISV: diversity, human rights, sustainability and conflict resolution. These activities are age-appropriate, informal and experiential.
Here is a list of activities you might expect from CISV Maine each year:
- Yearly activities – Events that may take place each year to promote CISV and to just have a little fun!
- Monthly chapter meetings – The first Monday of the month from August to May is our chapter meeting. Adults meet to discuss CISV programs and organizational news. All are welcome to attend.
- Community partners – we associate with like-minded organizations here in Maine in order to broaden our perspective and make a local impact. Some partners include: University of Maine, Town of Orono, Bangor Homeless Shelter, Bangor Animal Shelter, just to name a few.
- Yearly recognition – we honor specific days each year that fall in line with our values, such as International Peace Day.
- Locally hosted programs – in order for our chapter members to attend CISV programs worldwide, we are required to host programs locally. There are a variety of ways to get involved and a great step is to become a host family. Becoming a host family is a short commitment (no longer than a few days), but gives you the opportunity to meet CISV delegates from around the world.
Safe in our hands
The safety of your child is paramount. With over 60 years experience of running camp-based programs, you can be assured that your child is safe with us. Read more about child safety and protection in CISV.