Member at Large is a great way to get started on the Board--its a general position, you get to learn about the chapter, meet the committee chairs, get a sense about what you may want to get involved in. Below are expectations for Members-at-large:
1. Attend the Annual Meeting & Conference/CISV In Motion held each October in Cincinnati if possible.
2. Attend all Chapter board meetings.
3. Attend spring and fall general meetings, and assist as needed.
4. Become familiar with all aspects of CISV and be an ambassador for CISV. Get to know as many CISV families as possible. Actively recruit new families to join CISV.
5. Encourage and solicit financial support for programs hosted by your Chapter.
6. Practice confidentiality regarding sensitive issues.
7. Maintain an appropriate level of communication with the membership via phone
calls, emails, newsletter contributions, etc.
8. Support CISV activities, board projects and events by attending, helping organize, etc.
9. Keep receipts and turn in to the treasurer for reimbursement. CISV is a non-
profit organization, so always use our sales tax number when purchases are made. No taxes will be reimbursed
10. When appropriate, send thank you notes, notes of recognition, and sympathy