CISV Maine 2024 Applications are Open!!!
Village, YM, Step Up, Fortnight, Junior Counselor, & Leader Applications due January 8th, 2024
Seminar Application due January 1st, 2024
CISV’s mission (formerly Children’s International Summer Village) -“is to educate and inspire action for a more just and peaceful world”
We welcome youth and adults to apply for our summer 2024 programs where global friendship, peace education, fun and youth leadership all come together for a life changing experience.
Don’t let the expense stop you from applying! Reach out to our application for scholarship information!
Click on links in blue box below for more info about the specific programs and in section 3 further below, click on links to the application packets.
In order to be a candidate to participate in a program, applicants need to follow the steps outlined below. We’re here to help – please review the guidelines below, and email Morgan Donovan Jones, Applications Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
Note: Application packet materials, deadlines, and program costs are in the cover letter of each application packet in section 2 below.
|Village||11||Madrid, Spain||July 5th – July 27th, 2024||4|
|Youth Meeting||12-13||The potential to chapter-share*|
|Step Up||15||Quito, Ecuador||July 12th-August 3rd, 2024||4|
|Junior Counselor||16- 17||Netherlands||July 19th-August 10th, 2024||1|
|Seminar||16-17||There are many locations||Many|
|Leader||21+||Village Leader & Step up Leader||2|
* MA Chapter is traveling to Goteborg Sweden 7/7/24 – 7/26/24
Note: if you have questions about age, use the age calculator and/or contract our application chair at email@example.com.
1. Become a member of CISV Maine (youth delegates only):
You must become a (family) member of CISV Maine in order to apply to be a youth delegate. Scholarships are available for membership–goto membership page for details. Program leaders–if you are chosen, CISV Maine will cover your membership fee.
2. Review Program Cover Letter & Submit Forms
The cover letter provides a step through guide to the application packet material.
- Village Application Packet (11 year olds)
- Youth Meeting Application Packet (12-13)
- Step Up Delegate Application Packet (15 year olds)
- Fortnight (National) Camp Application Packet (16-17 years old)***
- Junior Counselor Individual Application Packet (16-17 years old)*
- Seminar Camp Application Packet (16-17 years old)**
- Leader Applicant Packet (21+ years old)*
Please email our Application Chair, Morgan Donovan Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
3. Attend Selection Day–Required
Selection Day includes a full day of activities, interviews, and programming: TBA 2024.
* A mandatory parent meeting will be simultaneously to Selection Day.
Leadership Training Requirements
* All Junior Counselors and Adult Leaders attend Selection day and both Local and National Leadership Training and Maine Mini Camp.
** Seminar Camp participants must attend Local Leadership Training and complete online National Leadership Training (via Skype) and attend Maine Mini camp (strongly encouraged).
*** Fortnight participants must attend Local Leadership Training and are NOT required to attend National Leadership Training, attending Maine Mini camp is strongly encouraged.
Local Leader/JC/Fortnight/Seminar Training: March or April 2024 | location & date (TBD)
National Leader, JC, and Staff training: Multiple National Training Dates
NE Regional Mini Camp: TBA
Maine Mini Camp: March or April 2024