Apply for summer 2022 programs–youth and adults!
We are happy to announce the offering of the following programs–for youth delegates, adult leaders, staff and program director! Click on these links below for more info about the specific programs. But further below in this email are the links to the applications for each.
- Youth Meeting for ages 12, 13: Lisbon, Portugal 7/30-8/13/22
- Step Up for ages 15: Hedmark, Norway 7/1-23/22
- Fortnight for ages 16-18, Washington, DC 6/28-7/12/22
- Junior Counselor for female, age 16 or 17: Cincinnati, OH 6/24-7/21/22
- Seminar programs for ages 16-18–many offered all over the world, they are listed inside the Seminar application
- Leaders, ages 21+ sought for our Youth Meeting to Portugal, Step Up to Norway and Youth meeting here in the Bangor/Orono area, 7/1-15/2022. see below for details. ___________________________________________________________
In order to be a candidate to attend or work at a program, applicants need to follow the steps outlined below. We’re here to help – please review the guidelines below, and don’t hesitate to contact us here (or email Morgan Donovan Jones, Applications Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Note: Application packet materials, deadlines, and program costs are in the cover letter of each packet below.
→ Deadline for most applications was Jan 5th, 2022, References- due Jan 10th, though we are still accepting applications, until our programs are filled! As of 1/14/22, we still have some openings. Contact us with questions.
→ Deadline for Seminar applications, including references, was Jan.1st, 2022. **update, as of 1/14/22 ,applications from MALES only are still being accepted
1. Become a member of CISV Maine (Youth delegates):
You must become a member of CISV Maine in order to apply to be a youth delegate. Directors, Staff or program leaders–if you are chosen, CISV Maine will cover your membership fee.
2. Complete an Information Form (Delegates and leaders only)
3. Download the application packet:
Download the correct application materials for the program you are interested in. Double-check age requirements. Please read the cover letter FIRST. It has dates, location, application fee info, program cost and important info. Thank you! To fill out the application you can print the material out to write in responses or copy/download the documents from the google folder and type out your answers – please email Morgan if you need help.
- Youth Meeting Delegate Application Packet (12-13 years old)
- Step Up Delegate Application Packet (15 years old)
- Fortnight (National) Camp Application Packet (16-18 years old)***
- Junior Counselor Individual Application Packet (16-17 years old)*
- Seminar Camp Individual Application Packet (16-17, 18 years old)**
- Leader Applicant Packet (21+ years old)*
- Maine Youth Meeting Director position description(7/1-15/2022) (21+years old)*
- Maine Youth Meeting Staff position description (7/1-15/2022) (21+years old)*
4. E-Mail your application (delegates and leaders)
Email your application to: Morgan Donovan Jones at email@example.com
5. E-Mail Maine Youth Meeting Planners (Director and Staff applicants)
Email your contact info and state your interest to: Amanda Sidell firstname.lastname@example.org & Kevin Peterson Kevindpeterson79@gmail.com
6. Attend Selection Day–for ALL applicants
Selection Day will be on 1/29/22 approximately 10-12 noon-interviews will be conducted –they are usually 20 min, we will give you exact time closer to date. 1-4pm will be programming and activities–also part of the selection process. It will be at the Old Town-Orono YMCA.
Leadership Training Requirements
* All Junior Counselors and Adult Leaders, Directors & Staff attend Selection day and both Local and National Leadership Training. See below for dates
** Seminar Camp participants must attend Local Leadership Training and complete online National Leadership Training (via Skype).
*** Fortnight participants must attend Local Leadership Training and are NOT required to attend National Leadership Training.
Leader/JC/Fortnight/Seminar Local Training: 3/5/2022 830-430pm
Director and Staff Local Training: 3/12/2022 8:30-4:30
National Leader , Director and Staff training–TBA