November 17 @ 8:00 am - December 15 @ 5:00 pm
Letter from AFS:
Dear CISV Maine:
On behalf of the Maine Global Explorers Scholarship, we are proud to announce that we have allocated full and partial merit and need-based scholarship funding to ensure AFS Global You Adventurer is accessible to Maine youth–for our Nov 17th-Dec 15th, 2020 virtual program. Global You Adventurer is one of our newest virtual programs that combines our world-class intercultural learning curriculum and enables us to pass along the AFS Effect to those who are unable to experience it in the present.
By enrolling in the 5-week Global You Adventurer program and completing the course entirely, participants will benefit in the following ways:
- Membership in a customized global group with up to 25 other peers from around the world
- 16 hours of fun and learning featuring AFS’s award-winning and research-backed Global Competence Certificate
- Up to 20 online modules with video instructions subtitled in Spanish and English ● A closed online forum for connecting and sharing with global peers ● Interactive quizzes and assignments to help reflect and learn
- Live online facilitated dialogue sessions run by specially trained AFS Qualified Facilitators
- Their own AFS Global Competence Certificate upon program completion ● Lifetime access to the 105+ years-strong AFS Global Network
- Discounts on future AFS programs
Eligibility for scholarship (though if not requesting scholarship deadline is later):
- Applicant must be a State of Maine resident between the ages of 13-17
- All application materials and forms must be submitted no later than noon, Oct. 31, 2020
- Complete official AFS enrollment application for AFS Global You Adventurer, save your short essay response, you will need it later.
- Submit both MEGE student and parent supplemental forms.
- Enroll in the Nov. 17 – Dec. 15, 2020 session and complete all program requirements and attend all scheduled live sessions.
- Complete post-program survey, submit and share with MEGE Committee
In cases where scholarship recipients do not fulfill all requirements outlined, parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of the enrollees are expected to reimburse MEGE in full for any funds received and agree to do so within 60 calendar days of notification.
We need your help promoting this opportunity as quickly as possible before our November 1, 2020 deadline, please share this information with any educators, parents, and teenagers that you know of who may be a perfect addition to our global community.
In case you are not familiar with our history, the Maine Global Explorers Scholarship was founded as a joint-team initiative in 2018 to centralize scholarship operations statewide. To date, we have awarded more than $30,000 to well deserving young adults who represent the values of AFS and demonstrate capabilities to act as cultural ambassadors in their host countries.
All questions should be directed to Nathan Dyer, Dirigo Area Team Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Mary Leighton, Pine Tree Area Team Chair (email@example.com).
Thank you in advance for your ongoing support and for helping us evolve as an organization.
Maine Global Explorers Scholarship Committee