Our retreat was held at the newly renovated Rize Collaborative Workspace, with many in attendance, both in person and on zoom. Junior Branch youth also met, under the new leadership of Lucinda!
Here are some goals identified for the upcoming year–
- Quality programming, not quantity
- Increase public awareness of CISV via 3 levels–
- Family and friends (word of mouth, “elevator speech”, making slide show about recent program attended, show at house party, have zoom meet and greets with JBers to meet with new youth, to build comfort prior going to an in person event)
- Schools and libraries–(presentations, story time by pair of JBers)
- Greater community (social media and local print publications)
- Mosaic–have intergenerational events involving helping with a local cause (Welcoming Immigrant Neighbors WIN-Bangor, Welcome to Housing, International UMaine students
- Advanced Planning–so that families from Southern Maine can plan to attend, maybe arrange to bring up more youth via carpool
Mark your calendars for the upcoming dates!
- CISV Maine Fall Fest–10/23/22 12-3pm, Orono Public Library (pumpkin and apple picking in morning, for those who can!)
- UMaine CultureFest 11/5/22 12-1pm–CISV will have a table
- Fall Showcase, Summer 2023 summer programs reveal, Potluck and Day in the Life 11/20/22 11-3pm , Location: Doris Twitchell Allen Village UMaine